Vanilla FudgePosted 20/08/2015 by Rebecca Cannon
1 tin evaporated milk
100g salted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Lightly grease a clean baking tin.
2) Place water, sugar and evaporated milk in a heavy based saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved, watch carefully so it does not catch.
3) Carry on stirring whilst bringing it to the boil.
4) To test if the fudge is ready – drop a small amount into a bowl of cold water. If it rolls into a soft ball, it’s ready.
5) Remove from heat and allow to cool, stirring every so often.
6) Add the diced butter and vanilla estract, stirring well until butter has melted and the mixture starts to thicken.
7) Pour into the tin, spread the fudge in an even layer.
8) When it begins to set, use a sharp knife to mark the fudge into small squares.
9) Once set it’s ready to eat and delicious!
Like It! Make It! Share It!